for the Household
The following was taken from an article by "oil-maker Tisserand" in the June edition of Slimming Magazine
1. Use essential oils in the final rinse of a washing machine cycle.
Dilute 6 drops in water or add 6 drops to a liquid fabric
conditioner. Use clear oils such as Lavender, Pine or Lemon.
2. Give fridge-freezers a wipe around when cleaning using Orange or Grapefruit. Dilute your chosen oil in one litre of water.
3. Use 5 drops of anti-septic oil such as Tea Tree or Bergamot to a
litre of water, and wipe over kitchen surfaces and floors.
4. Take Citronella and Lemongrass oils on holiday - they make great insect repellents at home or abroad.
5. Use Grapefruit to get rid of stale smells and tobacco smoke from
curtains.Saturate a cotton wool ball in citrus oil and place in the hem of the curtains.
Carrier Oil - an oil used for diluting essential oils so they won't be too strong and irrating on the skin
Essential Oil - the oil extract of a plant or fruit.
Caution should always be used when working with essential oils. Be sure you understand their properties before you use them.
Concentrations & Measurements